Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Let's walk down to the beach...




Finally! My last (and almost forgotten) Costa Rica post from our 2015 trip. Until next time...my love.
I hereby interrupt Panama to post my last Costa Rica straggler.

 I can't wait to get up when I'm staying at Hacienda Baru.  But that could be said about every day of vacation. Sunrise means birds reveling, gentle sunlight, strong coffee and quite possibly, Huervos Rancheros. Heaven. This slice of heaven is found at Hacienda Baru in Costa Rica.  



A kiskadee was waiting on a night light.



A Passerinis's Tanager sat in an aloof pose.  But the composition is still striking.



This full bodied hibiscus is spitting out a well endowed stigma.


A black squirrel is spotted in a tree. Where else?


Do you see what I see? I would hate to do this photo, if it was turned into a puzzle. 


Don't fall down on your way to the beach!



But, be sure to look up!



A Bare-throated Tiger -Heron posed beautifully against the deep blue sky.





But what is my favorite part of the walk?  The beach. Of course. You'll step out of the tangle of jungle, squint your eyes and plant your feet onto the widest slip of sand this side of the Kalahari.  At least it seems that way at low tide.  And it doesn't get much better than that.  Until tomorrow...



Meanwhile, I fulfilled a writing assignment over at The Chorus of the Crows And I clucked all about it...


The Links...


28 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Costa Rica was one of my favorite trips! I love all your birds and photos. The heron shots are great. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Sharon It was a delght to see all your photogaphs from Costa Rica,, I have not got round to post mine as yet. The birds and beach shots are gorgeous

Adam Jones said...

A lovely post and great looking Herons.

DJan said...

Nice! I especially love the beautiful hibiscus. And the beach, of course. :-)

likeschocolate said...

What a lovely place to vacation. I have been trying to get my husband to take me to Costa Rica

Natasha said...

That shot of the tanager is just gorgeous, their plumage is so pretty! Love the hidden one you got with the (iguana?) sitting among the leaves there, and the heron is a beautiful bird. Looks like you had a wonderful trip - I would't have wanted to leave either! - Tasha

Lea said...

Wonderful series of photos!
The Heron is the best!

Molly said...

Those are some serious thorns... and what a beautiful beach

Mollyxxx

Maude Lynn said...

Beautiful photos!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

That tanager is so beautiful!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Thank you for letting me walk to your beautiful beach with you..
love
tweedles

Anonymous said...

I'd want to get up every morning as well if I had that to look forward to. Who needs sleep on a vacation anyway, LOL. Lovely captures.

Lisa @ LTTL

Neil said...

What a beautiful place to visit.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful series of Costa Rica birds. Your beach photos are lovely too. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

Unknown said...

The beach looks wonderful and I love the critters you saw on the walk there.

Anni said...

The tiger heron is extraordinary!! As is the tanager. I'm glad you invited us to go with you to the beach.

Thanks so much for linking in at I'd Rather B Birdin'. The post was wonderful. Your photos terrific for all of us birders this weekend!! And the nature lovers within us.

Linda Hensley said...

They should pay you for encouraging tourism :) Beautiful!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I've never been. Looks magnificent!
~

Anonymous said...

Wow, it was worth your time taking this walk! Stunning things to see! As for walking, my favorite part probably would be the beach - especially when hardly anyone is there:
Many thanks for being a part of SEASONS - and sharing you beautiful experiences in South America! A pleasure to read your blog and see your photos! have a happy week:)

Ohmydearests said...

what gorgeous images! and wildlife! looks idyllic! have a beautiful week!

Unknown said...

Lovely photos - looks like it is nice and sunny there (raining here in NC). Take care!

NCSue said...

Great shots!!
Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/06/circa-1953-and-now.html

Ruth said...

I liked Hacienda Baru so much that I had to Google the location. Looks like an awesome place to stay.

Rhonda Albom said...

I was just in Costa Rica for a day. Your photos make me want to go back and spend some time there.

likeschocolate said...

So pretty! Love the first bird the orange one!
http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/

Pat Tillett said...

I've not visited this beautiful country (yet), but someday I hope to.
Gorgeous photos Sharon!

Polly and Pip said...

Wow, I get a strong feeling of wanderlust when I read your posts. I'd love to visit Costa Rica, so lush and tropical. The beach looks stunning. Fantastic photos. Thanks for joining in with #MyFavouriteTrip Polly

Su said...

Wow! This is sure paradise! I want to go there! Absoultly beautiful photographys. #MyFavouriteTrip